Saturday, January 12, 2013





Tamara Harrison creates very unique, beautiful pieces of jewellery. Using her floristry background to enhance her talented jewellery skills, we ask Tamara a few questions on where her ideas come from and how they develope.


What is your creative process
My creative process very often enters the 'Terror Zone' (stress, tears, self doubt, lack of sleep, cant turn my brain off etc, etc -you get the idea! Some of my best work happens in the terror zone). So basically I have a good idea, prototype it, make lots,  freak out, think I may not sell any, sell out, relax, then start it all again.



How does knowing your creative process help? 
When I do hit the 'Terror Zone' I now know its just part of my process so I no longer take it seriously or invest into it. In other words I allow it to happen, accept it then move on to the next stage!



Favourite Design Element or Principle.
I'm torn between choosing Colour or Texture (actual and implied) as my favourite Element as these two are integral to my work. Fav Principle would have to be Contrast (love delicate with rough, shiny with dull etc)



One thing we MUST know about you.
If I'm not fed and watered at regular intervals I get seriously grumpy!



A previous job/career.
Lecturing in Floristry with a fav part being Tamara Harrison







No comments:

Post a Comment