Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kookery



Everyone loves the sayings, now we ask Amy of Kookery a few questions to find out a little bit more about the person behind the label.

What are the benefits of using your tea towels?
We love bringing humour and conversation into the kitchen.One thing our customers love about Kookery is reactions of their friends.We use high quality 100% linen which works hard in your kitchen and loves drying wine glasses in particular. 

Favourite Design Element or Principle.
I love working with vintage, a true object, every image is either hand drawn or from an actual object. I love the honesty of the image, and finding a new item that matches a quote I have created in the best! 

Name a daily ritual you have/must do?
My motto in the morning is 'In Caffeine We Trust' not just the caffeine hit but the time spent with my hubby and daughter while sipping it! It is nice to make time for this daily ritual. 

Sweet or savoury?
Hard one, I LOVE salt, but I think I will have to say cake, vanilla/lemon are my favourites. Dark chocolate takes over in the afternoon when my coffee is of shift. 

Does your business have a 'how it all started story?' Briefly, what is that story
Kookery started by sitting down and writing down all the things I LOVE, community, food, vintage, textiles. I wanted to create my own product something practical, fun and part of people's daily rituals. I began designing when my daughter now 3 was born and I really wanted to use my creative brain.



Contact:

Amy Palmer-Millin

M 0439667331

W www.kookery.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment