Thursday, January 24, 2013



Nicola Clerk is the wonderful person behind Poppy & Bea.  At Society High End Handmade we asked her a few questions to find out a bit more about Nicola and her design process.


What is one tool of the trade you can not do without?
This is a hard one but my glue gun, rivet gun and die cutter all come in second to my big shiny Singer scissors!

What is your creative process?
I like to collect materials and plan colours as part of my daily life but come up with most of my new ideas when I'm working to a deadline on other things; I find when I'm really busy 'making' I procrastinate with developing new products) lots of late nights I'm afraid).


How does knowing your creative process help?
Mostly the ideas I'm most hesitant about turn out to be the best ones. I think it's because I think them over for so long, then they come bursting to life when I'm supposed to be doing something else.


If you could pick only one prop to take with you into a photo booth, what would it be?
Probably Poppy & Bea (they're my daughters and my inspiration).

Best app ever and why?
Pinterest- I just love looking at all the pretty things...


No comments:

Post a Comment